Erasmus+ Course overview
Our course focused on STEM aims to help you to get new innovative ideas for hands-on activities because there is no more practical field. We should rather say fields because STEM is the interdisciplinarity itself.
The course is interesting not only for educators who teach STEM but also for non-STEM teachers that want to get into its mysteries and implement some STEM curricula in their schools.
The content of the course is divided in 11 separated and yet linked modules. We will show you different approaches and give you new ideas how to get new innovative ideas for hands-on activities in class because they are crucial for all the STEM fields. You will pick the ones that suit you best for your respective subject.
Following blended learning methods, you will see that STEM can be applied to everyday life.
- Module 01 – Problem solving and decision making in STEM
- Module 02 – Designing your own STEM lessons
- Module 03 – Blended learning methods
- Module 04 – Visualising innovative learning scenarios for BYOD classrooms
- Module 05 – Gamifying STEM
- Module 06 – STEM activities encouraging critical thinking
- Module 07 – On-line simulations games for STEM
- Module 08 – Creating a collaborative learning environment
- Module 09 – The technical experience at the Technical Museum
- Module 10 – Learning skills through CODING
- Module 11 – Project based learning
- Enhance skills to use various innovative blended learning methods and techniques that are hands-on-centred, encourage solving of meaningful real-world tasks and develop transversal competencies.
- Apply Problem and Inquiry based learning as a student-centred teaching method, encourage learning in the context of real-world problems that are likely to be encountered by students.
- Develop students learning autonomy by self-directed hands-on learning approach, elaborate on student’s prior knowledge, trigger an effective use of arguments and evidence, use questioning as a tool of learning
- Generate ready‐to‐use materials and ideas to support the organisational development and quality improvement in the STEM field skills, support cooperation between institutions and employers.
- Develop relevant, high-level skills such as decision making, collaboration, communication, critical thinking and other key competences through STEM teaching methods, enhance the good quality of mainstream education.
- Meet colleagues of different nationalities within the EU, engage in a cross-cultural learning experience, exchange ideas and build a network for future international cooperation.
- Gain a broader understanding of practices, policies, and systems of education in different countries, cultivate mutual respect, intercultural awareness and embed common educational and training values.
- Enrich communication skills, improve foreign language competencies, broaden professional vocabulary and promote EU’s broad linguistic diversity.
Pre-register for EDUCAnet Praha Erasmus+ Course:
Please fill in your contact information and select course for which you want to apply. We will provide you with more information as soon as possible!
2 Week 700 Euro \ Participant