Soft skills for Education Providers
ERASMUS+ course Overview
Soft skills or sometimes called “people skills” are crucially important for those who work within and beyond the education sector. Whether it is effective communication, managing teams and projects or dealing with conflicts, this course will improve your soft skills and guide you to success in diverse work environments.
Thematic modules will introduce specific skills and incorporate a variety of real-world problems and situations. You will strengthen your soft skills by actively participating in role plays, discussing and examining the case studies and interacting in simulations within an encouraging and collaborative group instructional setting.
- Module 01 – Communication and the Science of Kinesics
- Module 02 – Personal Communication Skills
- Module 03 – Interpersonal Communication Skills within the Hierarchy
- Module 04 – Problem Solving Skills
- Module 05 – Presentation Skills
- Module 06 – Project Management Skills
- Module 07 – Negotiation Skills
- Module 08 – Cumulative Communication Skills and Multi Tracking
- Module 09 – Final project workshop with presentations
Guided City Tour
- Revise and develop personal and professional competences, improve soft skills such as project management and problem solving, strengthen your presentation and interpersonal abilities.
- Generate ready‐to‐use materials and ideas to support the organisational development and quality improvement in the field of soft skills, support cooperation between institutions and employers.
- Reinforce continual professional development, re-ignite lifelong learning strategies, raise the attractiveness and prestige of the educational sector.
- Learn to motivate, guide and assess team members, enhance employability attitudes promoting labour market needs and outcomes such as critical thinking, entrepreneurship and sense of initiative.
- Gain broader understanding of practices, policies and procedures in different countries and institutions, cultivate mutual respect and embed common training values.
- Meet and cooperate with colleagues of different nationalities within the EU, engage in cross-cultural learning experience, exchange ideas and good practices.
- Build a network for future international cooperation, promote mobility and partnerships in a multicultural environment, contribute to a cohesive society.
- Improve foreign language competencies, revise and broaden professional vocabulary and promote EU’s broad linguistic diversity.